Search: john, Available: Print on Demand, Hardback
Results 1 - 10 of 38
John D. Grainger
The first detailed examination of the collison of Rome and the Seleukid kingdom which ended in the battle of Magnesia, 189 BC, provides a case study in ancient diplomacy and war.
Edited by John Fotopoulos
This volume is a collection of newly published scholarly studies honoring Prof.Dr. David. E. Aune on his 65th birthday. These groundbreaking studies written by prominent international scholars investigate a range of topics in the New Testament and early Christian literature with insights drawn ...
John H. Pryor and Elizabeth M. Jeffreys
This analysis of the ships of the Byzantine navy from the sixth to twelfth centuries is a fascinating, and totally original discussion of the surviving texts which record and report them and the relationship of those texts to the physical reality of the ships themselves.
Hilary M. Carey & John Gascoigne, Eds.
Drawing on a diverse range of case studies in both the Old World of Europe and the New World of the European settler societies in the United States, Australia and New Zealand this volume offers an original perspective on the conduct of church-state relations and how these have been reshaped by ...
John C. Moore
This book is a concise and balanced biography of Innocent III. While giving the student and general reader a good sense of this pope and the medieval papacy, it can also provide insights for scholars well-versed in his pontificate.
John J. Donohue
A study of the shaping of political and social institutions in Baghdad by an Iranian Shiite dynasty that re-established the Caliphate on a new footing as the powerless symbol of authority and legitimacy.
John P. Nielsen
Drawing primarily on evidence from legal documents from the early Neo-Babylonian period (747-626 B.C.), the book examines the presence of large, named kin groups at the major Babylonia cities, considering their origins and the important roles their members played as local elites in city ...
Edited by Thomas James Dandelet and John A. Marino
This volume integrates the theme of Spain in Italy into a broad synthesis of late Renaissance and early modern Italy by restoring the contingency of events, local and imperial decision-making, and the distinct voices of individual Spaniards and Italians.
Edited by Andrew Harding and John Hatchard
Edited by John W. Steinberg, Bruce W. Menning, David Schimmelpenninck van der Oye, David Wolff and Shinji Yokote
The study uses recently declassified Russian and Japanese documents to re-examine the military, diplomatic, social, political, economic, and cultural history of the Russo-Japanese War. This research provides fascinating new information about the decline of Imperial Russian and the rise of ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (2)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (3)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (1)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (3)
- Classical Studies - General (1)
- History - Early Modern History (3)
- History - General (1)
- History - Intellectual History (1)
- History - Medieval History (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (1)
- International Law - Air & Space Law (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (2)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (4)
- International Relations - International Relations (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (1)
- Theology and Missiology - General (1)
Availability: all » Available: Print on Demand
- History (7)
- International Law (7)
- Biblical Studies (5)
- Classical Studies (5)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (4)
- Asian Studies (2)
- Religious Studies (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt (1)
- Biology (1)
- International Relations (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (1)
- Social Sciences (1)
- Theology and Missiology (1)
- English (38)
- Handbook (2)