Search: jan, Hardback
Results 31 - 40 of 179
Jan van Herwaarden
Pilgrimages, especially those to Santiago de Compostela, formed and essential part of late-medieval devotional life, but were criticized by people like Erasmus who in this book is considered from the late-medieval point of view.
Edited by Gerard Wiegers, in association with Jan Platvoet
This volume gathers essays written by seventeen specialists in the science of religions. It focuses on the social, cultural, institutional, and political contexts of the Study of Religions in resp. modern France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, the USA, Turkey, Israel, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, ...
Johannes van den Berg. Edited by Jan de Bruijn, Pieter Holtrop and Ernestine van der Wall
The religious history of seventeenth- and eighteenth-century Protestantism was marked by a twofold movement. On the one hand there were attempts to consolidate and, if necessary, to reaffirm the heritage of the Reformation; on the other hand, we meet a growing critical evaluation of the legacy ...
Edited by Jan Assmann and Albert I. Baumgarten
The volume consists of presentations made at an international conference. Authors consider the issues concerning the role of representation in religion across a variety of traditions, from the three Abrahamic faiths to those of antiquity and the East.
Edited by William L. Petersen, Johan S. Vos and Henk J. de Jonge
Sixteen studies by leading New Testament scholars on the canonical and non-canonical Sayings of Jesus. Source, form, textual, redaction, and literary criticism are brought to bear on selected passages, resulting in significant advances in the examination of the sayings tradition.
edited by Jan Gunneweg, Annemie Adriaens and Joris Dik
Monotheism is studied through the manuscripts found at Qumran that are in Hebrew and Aramaic and thousand years earlier than the existing Hebrew text, known as the Old Testament. The scientific study of the bio- and material relics found at sectarian Qumran's settlement, caves and cemetery shed ...
Jan Thiele, SOAS, London
This book offers an account of the life and thought of al-Ḥasan ar-Raṣṣāṣ (d. 1188 C.E.), who was among the most influential theologians of Yemeni Zaydism. Dieses Buch untersucht Leben und Denken von al-Ḥasan ar-Raṣṣāṣ (st. 1188), einem der einflussreichsten Theologen der jemenitischen Zaydiyya.
Jan A. Wagenaar
This detailed study of Micah 2-5 presents a status questionis of much of the previous research on the composition and redaction of the Book of Micah and offers a new depiction of the redaction history of the book.
Jan Thiele, Freie Universität Berlin
This book examines the theory of causality formulated by the Zaydī al-Ḥasan ar-Raṣṣāṣ, whose thought bears witness to the symbiosis between Zaydī and Bahšamī theology in 6th/12th century Yemen. Die vorliegende Studie stellt die Kausalitätstheorie des Zayditen al-Ḥasan ar-Raṣṣāṣ als ein Produkt ...
Edited by Jan G. Platvoet and Arie L. Molendijk
The Pragmatics of Defining Religion is a multidisciplinary volume on the problem of the definition of religion with chapters on the polemics of defining religion in modern contexts, the history of the concept of religion, the methodology of its definition; it includes several definition proposals.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (1)
- Art and Architecture - Performing Arts (1)
- Asian Studies - China (2)
- Asian Studies - General (3)
- Asian Studies - Japan (1)
- Asian Studies - Japanese Art (1)
- Asian Studies - Religion (1)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (4)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (4)
- Biblical Studies - Dead Sea Scrolls (2)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (2)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (13)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (8)
- Biology - Zoology (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (4)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (10)
- History - Early Modern History (13)
- History - Economic History (1)
- History - General (5)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (9)
- History - Medieval History (12)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (8)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Minority & Group Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Refugee Law (1)
- International Law - Comparative Law (1)
- International Law - International Law (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (2)
- International Law - Legal History (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (10)
- International Relations - International Relations (3)
- Jewish Studies - General (4)
- Language and Linguistics - Afroasiatic Language & Linguistics (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Dictionaries & Reference Works (6)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Manuscripts & Printing (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (4)
- Philosophy - Philosophy of Religion (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (12)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - History (1)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (2)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (2)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (1)
- Theology and Missiology - General (7)
- History (41)
- Biblical Studies (29)
- International Law (15)
- Classical Studies (14)
- Asian Studies (13)
- Religious Studies (13)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (11)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (9)
- Language and Linguistics (7)
- Theology and Missiology (7)
- Social Sciences (5)
- Jewish Studies (4)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt (3)
- International Relations (3)
- Art and Architecture (1)
- Biology (1)
- Philosophy (1)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies (1)