Results 1 - 10 of 36
International Series Advisors: Gerard Postiglione, Chen Yangbin, Gregory Fairbrother, and Heidi Ross
Chinese Research Perspectives on Education is the new generation of The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences Yearbooks: Educational Development. As with the CASS Yearbooks, the original versions of these volumes are published in China by Social Sciences Academic Press (SSAP) and are edited ...
General Editor: Gregory E. Sterling, Yale University Associate Editor: David T. Runia Editorial Board: Harold W. Attridge, Ellen Birnbaum, John Dillon, Annewies van den Hoek, Alan Mendelson, Thomas Tobin, S.J., David Winston
International Advisory Board: Gerard POSTIGLIONE, University of Hong Kong, Gregory Fairbrother Hong Kong Institute of Education, CHEN Yangbin La Trobe University, and Heidi Ross Indiana University
China’s education system has grown increasingly complex, creating the need for an annual critical review of the education system by China’s top scholars. The Blue Book of Education (教育蓝皮书), as it is known in Chinese, has gained a reputation for offering the most penetrating perspective in China ...
Edited by Carl R. Holladay, Emory University John T. Fitzgerald, University of Notre Dame James W. Thompson, Abilene Christian University Gregory E. Sterling, Yale University
In these fifty-three essays spanning over fifty years Abraham J. Malherbe illustrates how a critically informed appreciation of Graeco-Roman literary traditions such as Hellenistic moral philosophy and Middle Platonism can enrich our understanding of Paul, Athenagoras, and other early Christian ...
Gregory T.K. Wong
This volume represents an inductive, literary/rhetorical analysis of the book of Judges in which possible rhetorical links connecting the book's three major sections are examined in detail to show that the book may have been a unified composition rather than a composite work as many assume.
Edited by Thomas M. Izbicki and Christopher M. Bellitto
This volume examines the theme of Reform in medieval and early modern thought from a variety of viewpoints. These articles will be useful for the study of intellectual history, ecclesiastical history, the history of spirituality and medieval Apocalypticism.
Edited by April D. DeConick, Gregory Shaw, and John D. Turner
The essays in Practicing Gnosis demonstrate that the Gnostics were not necessarily trendy intellectuals seeking epistomological certainities. Instead, this book explores how Gnostics were seeking religious experiences that relied on practices including ritual, magic, liturgy, and theurgy. This ...
Edited by Gregory J. Howard, Western Michigan University and Graeme Newman, State University of New York, Albany
This book represents a variety of approaches making comparisons. The emphasis is on creative methods, challenging theory and unusual subject matter. Topics range from Micro-Macro Criminology to Police Strength and from Women Police to Crime Prevention Policies in the UK and the US.
Gregory E. Sterling
This is the first full and systematic attempt to set Hellenistic Jewish and early Christian historiography within the framework of Greco-Roman traditions. The thesis of the monograph is that a distinct historiographical tradition, apologetic historiography, developed as a result of a dialectic ...
Edited by Gregory Gisvold and Michael O'Flaherty
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Asian Studies - China (4)
- Asian Studies - Japan (1)
- Asian Studies - Japanese Art (1)
- Biblical Studies - Dead Sea Scrolls (1)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (4)
- Classical Studies - General (1)
- History - Early Modern History (1)
- History - Intellectual History (3)
- History - Medieval History (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (2)
- International Law - Intellectual Property Law (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (1)
- International Law - International Trade Law (1)
- International Law - Private International Law (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Discourse Analysis & Sociolinguistics (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (3)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (1)