Results 1 - 10 of 27
Geoffrey C. R. Schmalz
This study is a reference work for the study of Roman Athens: the Epigraphical Catalogue (Part I) represents a supplement to the Inscriptiones Graecae as it pertains to Athens in the Augustan and Julio-Claudian periods; the Prosopographical Catalogue (Part II) offers a prosopography of the ...
Edited by Geoffrey Khan and Diana LIpton
These essays by outstanding international scholars in honour of Robert P. Gordon cover topics ranging from accuracy and anachronism in the books of Samuel, through the theology of Psalms, ancient near eastern historiography, to ideology, philology, grammar and linguistics in the translations and ...
This work, in three volumes, presents a detailed description the neo-Aramaic dialect of the Assyrian Christian community of the Barwar region in northern Iraq, which is now endangered. Volume one contains a description of the grammar of the dialect. Volume two contains an extensive glossary. ...
Edited by/Edité par Nadine Méouchy and/et Peter Sluglett with/avec la collaboration amicale de Gérard Khoury and/et Geoffrey Schad
This collection of thirty papers represents the first broad attempt to compares the application and effects of British and French mandatory rule on the newly-created states of Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine. Syria, Lebanon and Transjordan between the early 1920s and the late 1940s.
Being direct descendants of the Aramaic spoken by the Jews in antiquity, the still spoken Jewish Neo-Aramaic dialects of Kurdistan deserve special and vivid interest. Geoffrey Khan’s A Grammar of Neo-Aramaic is a unique record of one of these dialects, now on the verge of extinction. The ...
Edited by Geoffrey Khan
This is a Festschrift volume for the British Semitist Edward Ullendorff. It contains papers written by leading scholars in the fields of Semitic philology and Near Eastern history and literature. The papers include linguistic, literary and historical studies of Ethiopian Semitic, Aramaic, ...
This volume contains a detailed grammatical description of the spoken Aramaic dialect of the Jewish communities in the towns of Sulemaniyya and Ḥalabja in North Eastern Iraq together with numerous transcribed texts. The dialect, which belongs to the North-Eastern Neo-Aramaic group, is now on the ...
Geoffrey Khan, María Ángeles Gallego and Judith Olszowy-Schlanger
The book presents a critical edition and an annotated English translation of the work on Hebrew grammar al-al-Kitb al-Kfī fī al-Luġa al-'Ibrniyya by the medieval Karaite grammarian 'Abū al-Faraj Hārūn Ibn Faraj. This was one of the most important works on Hebrew grammar that was written in the ...
This volume contains a detailed grammatical description of the spoken Aramaic dialect of the Christian community in the town of Qaraqosh, in Northern Iraq together with numerous transcribed texts. The dialect is one of the most archaic in the North-Eastern Neo-Aramaic group.
Edited by Yangdon Dhondup, School of Oriental and African Studies, London, Ulrich Pagel School of Oriental and African Studies, London, and Geoffrey Samuel, Cardiff University
This volume brings together recent research findings that highlight the multi-ethnic and multi-religious composition of Rebkong, a frontier region located at the Sino-Tibetan border.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (1)
- Asian Studies - General (1)
- Asian Studies - Japan (1)
- Asian Studies - Tibet (1)
- Biblical Studies - General (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (1)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (2)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (1)
- International Relations - International Relations (1)
- Jewish Studies - General (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Dictionaries & Reference Works (2)
- Language and Linguistics - Discourse Analysis & Sociolinguistics (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (4)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Manuscripts & Printing (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (2)
- Theology and Missiology - General (2)