Results 1 - 10 of 21
Edited by Tzvi Abusch, Ann K. Guinan, Nils P. Heeßel, Francesca Rochberg, and Frans A.M. Wiggermann
Founding editors: Grover A. Zinn, Michael A. Signer (ob.) / Editors: Frans van Liere, Lesley Smith, E. Ann Matter, Thomas E. Burman and Robert A. Harris
Commentaria is a series dedicated to outstanding monographs or edited volumes of essays (topical or from conferences) that address subjects within the general area of the interpretation (exegesis) of the sacred texts of three major religious traditions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
Edited by T. Abusch, M.J. Geller, S.M. Maul, and F.A.M. Wiggermann
Frans G. von der Dunk, General Editor, University of Nebraska
Edited by Benjamin Soares (African Studies Centre, Leiden) and Frans Wijsen (Radboud University, Nijmegen)
Edited by Frans A.J. de Haas, Mariska Leunissen and Marije Martijn
This volume collects Late Ancient, Byzantine and Medieval appropriations of Aristotle's Posterior Analytics, addressing the logic of inquiry, concept formation, the question whether metaphysics is a science, and the theory of demonstration.
Frans Schryer, University of Guelph
This book describes how Dutch immigrants became commercial farmers in the Canadian province of Ontario. It addresses the broader question of why the Dutch have an international reputation as successful farmers, and the critical implications of such positive stereotyping.
Edited by Philip D.W. Krey and Lesley Smith
The first modern study of Nicholas of Lyra, immensely influential fourteenth-century Franciscan biblical commentator. Fifteen essays on his masterpiece, the Postillae super totam Bibliam, illuminate the remarkable achievement of this key thinker, from his knowledge of Hebrew to political ideas.
Frans A.J. de Haas
This is the first full discussion of Philoponus' account of matter. It is shown here that philosophical problems in Neoplatonism motivated the definition of prime matter as three-dimensional extension, and that Plotinus, Syrianus, and Proclus prepared the way for Philoponus.
Gerhard Bächli, Carlos R. Vilela, Stefan Andersson Escher and Anssi Saura
This book gives a detailed account of the taxonomy, identification, distribution, and biology of 17 genera and 128 species of West European Drosophilidae. It aims of to faciliate field work by providing identification keys and by giving hints for further studies on biology, distribution and ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Religion (1)
- Asian Studies - General (2)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (1)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (2)
- History - Medieval History (4)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (1)
- International Law - Air & Space Law (3)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Social Sciences - Asian Studies (1)
- Social Sciences - Sociology & Anthropology (1)