Results 1 - 10 of 34
Edited by Jacob A. Belzen, Leslie J. Francis and Ralph W. Hood, Jr.
Since 1914 the International Association for the Psychology of Religion (IAPR) publishes the Archiv für Religionspsychologie/Archive for the Psychology of Religion. It is a scholarly, trilingual (English, French and German) annual; most articles are in English language. The annual contains ...
Edited by George Bryan Souza, University of Texas, San Antonio
Editor-in-chief: Francis G. Gentry, Emeritus Professor of German, Penn State University. Editorial Board: Teodolinda Barolini, Lorenzo Da Ponte Professor of Italian of Italian, Columbia University; Cynthia Brown, Professor of French, University of California, Santa Barbara; Marina Brownlee, Robert Schirmer Professor of Spanish and Professor of Comparative Literature, Princeton University; Keith Busby, Douglas Kelly Professor of Medieval French, University of Wisconsin-Madison; Craig Kallendorf, Professor of English and Classics, Texas A&M University; Alastair Minnis, Professor of English, Yale University.; Brian Murdoch, Professor of German, Stirling University; Jan Ziolkowski, Arthur Kingsley Porter Professor of Medieval Latin, Harvard University.
This peer-reviewed book series has as its focus the authors and the Latin and vernacular literatures of the Middle Ages and Renaissance (ca. 6th through 16th centuries), including those less common literatures that arose within the European cultural sphere. Volumes include original scholarly ...
Par Stella Georgoudi, Renée Koch Piettre, et Francis Schmidt.
Le recueil compare les procédures de fabrication et d’interprétation des signes dans les sociétés polythéistes ou monothéistes de la Méditerranée ancienne. Il analyse les rites ou l’argumentation critique visant à endiguer les signes et à préserver l’initiative humaine face aux injonctions du ...
This book condenses and updates the cogent case showing that Gregory the Great did not write the famous Dialogues traditionally ascribed to him. It throws much new light on early Benedictine history and on the life and times of St. Gregory.
Edited by Thomas M. Izbicki and Christopher M. Bellitto
This volume examines the theme of Reform in medieval and early modern thought from a variety of viewpoints. These articles will be useful for the study of intellectual history, ecclesiastical history, the history of spirituality and medieval Apocalypticism.
This book is composed of a series of studies in the history of political thought from late antiquity to the early-eighteenth century. They range broadly across theories of kingship, political theology, constitutional ideas, natural-law thinking, and consent theory.
Francis J. Moloney, S.D.B.
This volume makes available a series of innovative historical, theological and exegetical studies from one of the leading contemporary interpreters of the Fourth Gospel. Moloney devotes attention to the many contexts that produced the text, and the contexts of subsequent readers and interpreters.
Edited by Gerald Christianson and Thomas Izbicki
This collection casts light on various aspects of the life and thought of Nicholas of Cusa. The first part is concerned with the context in which he made his contributions. The second part is concerned with Nicholas' work for ecclesiastical reform and his thought on the Church. The third part ...
Francis E. Williams
This new edition and translation, with introduction and commentary, of the Nag Hammadi tractate, The Concept of Our Great Power, is a fresh approach to the interpretation of this puzzling document.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - General (2)
- Asian Studies - Korea (1)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (3)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (2)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (1)
- Classical Studies - General (1)
- History - Early Modern History (3)
- History - General (1)
- History - Intellectual History (2)
- History - Medieval History (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (1)
- International Law - Comparative Law (1)
- International Law - Constitutional Law (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (2)
- International Relations - International Relations (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Social Sciences - Asian Studies (2)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (3)
- Theology and Missiology - General (1)