Search: charles, English
Results 11 - 20 of 69
Edited by Charles Burnett, Jan P. Hogendijk, Kim Plofker and Michio Yano
Charles D. Gunnoe, Jr.
Utilizing Erastus’s correspondence, this book offers a synthetic treatment of Erastus’s career in the Palatinate including his role in the territory’s conversion, the Heidelberg Catechism, the church discipline controversy, as well as his refutation of Paracelsus and Johann Weyer.
This is an edition of the Arabic versions of Alexander of Aphrodisias 'Treatise on the Principles of the Universe, with English translation, introduction and commentary.
Charles A. Gieschen
This study shows that angel traditions from the Hebrew Bible and Jewish literature had a significant impact on the origins and early development of Christology to the point that an Angelomorphic Christology is discernable already in New Testament documents.
Charles L. Wilkins, Wake Forest University
This study examines how mobilization for war by the Ottoman state reshaped the social and political institutions of a provincial city. Using local court records, it traces profound changes in the life of residential quarters, military garrisons, and guilds.
Edited by Charles E. Butterworth and Blake Andreé Kessel
These essays on the way medieval Arabic philosophy was first introduced into European universities explain their formal working and provide fascinating accounts of the hardy souls who first ventured, literally, into hitherto unknown terrain.
Edited by D.J.B. Trim and Mark Charles Fissel
This anthology explains how Europeans used amphibious warfare to exert military and economic power in the Mediterranean, North and Baltic Seas, and the Indian and Atlantic Oceans, and the adjacent coasts; and how war, commerce and the growth of the European State system sustained one another.
Abū Ma‘šar. Edited and translated by Keiji Yamamoto and Charles Burnett
These volumes provide the Arabic, Latin and English versions of the major text on political astrology of the Middle Ages, generally attributed to Abū Ma‘šar (Albumasar), with a commentary and Latin-Arabic and Arabic-Latin glossaries.
Edited by Jo-Ann A. Brant, Charles W. Hedrick, and Chris Shea
Paperback edition is available from the Society of Biblical Literature (www.sbl-site.org)
Charles Post, Borough of Manhattan Community College
This book synthesizes Marxian theory with the existing historical literature to produce a new analysis of the origins of capitalism in the US and the social roots of the US Civil War.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (1)
- Asian Studies - General (2)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (3)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - General (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (4)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (3)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Early Modern History (7)
- History - General (2)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (4)
- History - Medieval History (6)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (1)
- International Law - International Law (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (1)
- International Law - Private International Law (2)
- International Law - Public International Law (4)
- International Relations - International Relations (2)
- Language and Linguistics - Discourse Analysis & Sociolinguistics (3)
- Language and Linguistics - Theoretical Linguistics (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Ottoman & Turkish Studies (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (3)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (4)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Science - Psychology (1)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - History (1)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (1)
- History (20)
- Biblical Studies (10)
- International Law (8)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (6)
- Religious Studies (5)
- Language and Linguistics (4)
- Asian Studies (3)
- Biology (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (3)
- International Relations (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt (1)
- Classical Studies (1)
- Science (1)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies (1)
- Social Sciences (1)