Search: ann, Hardback
Results 1 - 10 of 31
This book explores the way in which, working within the investigative tradition associated with the Royal Society, the philosopher John Locke (1632-1704) used travellers' reports to develop a form of comparative social anthropology which was to inform his major philosophical works.
Leigh Ann Craig
Women commonly became pilgrims in Latin Christendom in the later Middle Ages, despite the opposition of contemporary critics. This book explores women’s participation in many forms of pilgrimage, and also their construction of positive interpretations of that participation.
Edited by Kai Hafez. With a foreword by Mohammed Arkoun and Udo Steinbach. Translated from the German by Mary Ann Kenny
The anthology is an introduction to political cultures in the Islamic world and into relations between the West and Islam. It details its analysis in country studies on Algeria, Iran, Egypt, Morocco, Turkey, Bosnia, Israel/Palestine, Iraq, Central Asia and Pakistan.
Edited by David H. Warren, Ann Graham Brock and David W. Pao
This collection of studies in honor of François Bovon highlights the rich diversity found within early expressions of Christianity as evidenced in ancient texts, in early traditions and movements, and in archaic symbols and motifs.
Edited by Lee Ann Basser Marks and Melinda Jones
Edited by Christiana de Groot and Marion Ann Taylor
Paperback edition is available from the Society of Biblical Literature (www.sbl-site.org)
Edited by Ann K. Guinan, Maria deJ. Ellis, A.J. Ferrara, Sally M. Freedman, Matthew T. Rutz, Leonhard Sassmannshausen, Steve Tinney, and M.W. Waters
The articles represent the latest thinking of leading scholars in the field of Assyriology/Sumerology. Thirty-eight contributions cover the following subjects: history, divination, magic, religion, literature, prosopography, lexicography, and art. Some fifty texts are published and discussed for ...
Edited by Andrew G. Vaughn and Ann E. Killebrew
This book integrates historical and archaeological sources to present a vivid picture of Jerusalem during the first century CE. The book will be an essential supplemental textbook for courses in New Testament, studies of the historical Jesus, and Second Temple Jewish history. Paperback edition ...
Edited by Ann Heirman and Stephan Peter Bumbacher
This book unravels some of the complex factors that allowed or hampered the presence of (certain aspects of) Buddhism in the regions to the north and the east of India, such as Central Asia, China, Tibet, Mongolia, or Korea.
This work details relations between Jews and Visigoths, polemic and persecution, and between Jews and Muslims, cooperation and conflict, in medieval Spain, including later Christian Spain. New sources and new insights challenge conventional interpretations.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Authors, Texts, Literature (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (1)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (1)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (2)
- History - General (1)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (2)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (1)
- History - Medieval History (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Minority & Group Rights (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Refugee Law (1)
- International Law - Comparative Law (1)
- International Law - Environmental Law (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Discourse Analysis & Sociolinguistics (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- Bibliography (1)