Search: andreas, English
Results 1 - 10 of 39
Edited by Andreas Bandak, University of Copenhagen and Mikkel Bille, University of Copenhagen
Sainthood in Fragile States investigates how precariousness and ambiguity are embedded in saint worship. The book explores the intersections between religious and secular figures to show the role of sainthood and its contestation in the contemporary Middle East.
Muhammad Shahrur, Translated, Edited, and with an Introduction by Andreas Christmann, University of Manchester
This is the first book-length presentation of Muhammad Shahrur's ideas in English, explaining his ideas on the need for a contemporary re-reading of the Qur'an, a reform of Islamic law and the necessity of freedom of belief in Islam, and other vital issues of Islamic thought and practice.
Edited by Kent Emery, Jr., Russell L. Friedman and Andreas Speer
The title of this Festschrift to Stephen Brown points to the understanding of medieval philosophy and theology in the longue durée of their traditions and discourses. The 35 contributions are disposed in five parts: Metaphysics and Natural Philosophy, Epistemology and Ethics, Philosophy and ...
Andreas E. Buss
The book attempts to identify the uniqueness of the Russian-Orthodox religious tradition from a historical and comparative perspective and to contrast it with two of modern Western society's characteristics: its particular economic ethics and individualism.
J. Andreas Löwe
From his position as first Regius Professor of Divinity at Oxford to his key role in the foundation of the University of Douai, Richard Smyth’s life and works receive their first detailed study in this book. His defence of catholic orthodoxy against numerous prominent English reformers is ...
Edited by William L. Petersen, Johan S. Vos and Henk J. de Jonge
Sixteen studies by leading New Testament scholars on the canonical and non-canonical Sayings of Jesus. Source, form, textual, redaction, and literary criticism are brought to bear on selected passages, resulting in significant advances in the examination of the sayings tradition.
Edited by Nicolet Boekhoff-van der Voort, Kees Versteegh and Joas Wagemakers
This volume provides new insights into the transmission of the textual sources of Islam and combines this with the dynamics of these scriptures by paying close attention to how believers interpret and apply them.
Edited by Erhard Hinrichs, Andreas Kathol and Tsuneko Nakazawa
Covers research in complex predicates within a variety of languages, such as German, Dutch, Italian, French, Korean and Urdu. This work focuses on diverse aspects of complex predicate phenomena, including order variation, constituency relations, interactions with other construction types, ...
edited by Andreas Lehnardt
This volume presents the discovery of several hundred new Hebrew and Aramaic manuscript fragments in Germany. It is a collection of conference papers that discuss the historical, paleographical, and cultural significance of these fragments. It is the first in a series of studies of similar ...
Edited by Philippe Forêt and Andreas Kaplony
Drawing on evidence from the many civilizations that shared the Silk Road, this book examines specific cases of the mobility of maps and images through the centuries.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - General (10)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Asian Studies - Japanese Art (2)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (1)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (3)
- Classical Studies - General (2)
- History - Early Modern History (1)
- History - Intellectual History (1)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Refugee Law (1)
- International Law - International Law (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (3)
- Jewish Studies - General (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Discourse Analysis & Sociolinguistics (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (2)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (2)