Search: peter, Available: In Print
Results 1 - 10 of 170
The rain and lightning miracles are the best-known events of Marcus Aurelius' northern wars. Several pagan and Christian versions existed in Antiquity. The author studies and publishes for the first time all the sources and the development of the legend from Antiquity to the 14th century.
Edited by J.Th. Lindblad & P. Post
This collection of essays provides insights into the complex process of economic decolonization in Indonesia from a variety of perspectives. The emancipation from Dutch colonialism in the economic sphere is linked to the unique features of the new nation-state emerging in newly independent ...
Peter Keppy. Translated by Mischa Hoyinck and Robert Chesal
This book focuses on the aftermath of World War II in Asia as described in a sobering and insightful history of two types of redress: compensation for material war damage and restitution of looted property. Japanese Army units and citizens stole goods while shelling and bombardment by all sides ...
Edited by Peter Boomgaard, Dick Kooiman & Henk Schulte Nordholt
Trade flows, cities and kinship relations can all be seen as elements of complex networks. In this collection of essays, all of which deal with Asia, we argue that there are good reasons to envisage them as various dimensions of the same networks.
Edited by Reimar Schefold et al.
This collection aims to attract attention to the admirable achievements of indigenous builders in Indonesia and to contribute to a broader sense of commitment to the endangered architectural heritage in the region. It presents the second part of the results of a research project on vernacular ...
Edited by Peter Boomgaard
Water, in its many guises, has always played a powerful role in shaping Southeast Asian histories, cultures, societies and economies. This volume, the rewritten results of an international workshop, with participants from eight countries, contains thirteen essays, representing a broad range of ...
Edited by Annette Harder, Remco Regtuit, Peter Stork, Gerry Wakker
This volume contains the collected articles of the Groningen Professor of Ancient Greek, Stefan Radt, and a survey of his publications. These articles, which show great philological acumen, are of considerable importance for the study of ancient Greek.
Edited by Elsbeth Locher-Scholten & Peter Rietbergen
De Verenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie (VOC) had haar werkterrein in Azië. De twaalf artikelen in deze bundel analyseren de relaties tussen de Compagnie en de machthebbers op die Aziatische werkvloer. Zij bestrijken het gehele Aziatische octrooigebied van de VOC van Perzië tot Japan.
Edited by Peter Boomgaard & David Henley
Historians of Southeast Asia have traditionally preferred to write about politics and culture rather than economics and ecology, and where they have looked at the history of agriculture they have most often concentrated on cash crops like sugar, coffee and rubber which figure prominently in ...
Die Erzählung von Meleagros offers a detailed analysis of the origin and development of the myth of the Calydonian boar-hunt. It is the first complete presentation of all literary sources of the Calydonian hunt, as well as of other adventures of its central hero Meleagros. The myth started off ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - General (3)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Authors, Texts, Literature (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Codicology, Papyrology & Philology (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Egyptology (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (2)
- Art and Architecture - Art History (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (3)
- Asian Studies - China (3)
- Asian Studies - General (12)
- Asian Studies - History (5)
- Asian Studies - Japan (9)
- Asian Studies - Social Sciences (1)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (2)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (4)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (7)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (2)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (4)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Science & Medicine (1)
- Classical Studies - General (2)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (5)
- Classical Studies - Religion (1)
- History - Early Modern History (16)
- History - General (4)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (5)
- History - Medieval History (6)
- History - Modern History (4)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (9)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Minority & Group Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Refugee Law (1)
- International Law - Comparative Law (2)
- International Law - International Law (2)
- International Law - International Organizations (1)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (2)
- International Law - Public International Law (1)
- Jewish Studies - General (1)
- Jewish Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Discourse Analysis & Sociolinguistics (5)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Ottoman & Turkish Studies (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (11)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Science - Medical Sciences (2)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Human Rights & Law (1)
- Social Sciences - Applied Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Asian Studies (1)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (2)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (4)
- Social Sciences - General (1)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (1)
Availability: all » Available: In Print
- History (36)
- Asian Studies (35)
- Biblical Studies (15)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (12)
- Religious Studies (12)
- Classical Studies (10)
- Social Sciences (10)
- International Law (8)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (8)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt (5)
- Language and Linguistics (5)
- Biology (4)
- African Studies (3)
- Jewish Studies (2)
- Science (2)
- Art and Architecture (1)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies (1)