Search: m, Available: Print on Demand
Results 1 - 10 of 63
Edited by Irene J.F. de Jong, René Nünlist, and Angus M. Bowie
This is the first part of a new narratological history of Greek literature, which deals with the definition and boundaries of narrative and the role of narrators and narratees.
Carol M. Richardson
This book offers a new and interdisciplinary approach to the history of papal Rome, 1400-80. It argues that the College of Cardinals emerged as key agents of its renaissance because of the crises of the fifteenth century.
Charles M. Radding and Antonio Ciaralli
This book traces the history of Justinian’s Institutes, Code, and Digest from late antiquity to the juristic revival of the late eleventh century. It includes extensive discussion of manuscripts and other evidence, and plates of many important manuscripts that have never before been reproduced.
David M. Moffitt
Hebrews appears to have little interest in Jesus’ resurrection. Drawing on contemporary studies of Jewish sacrifice, Jewish apocalyptic literature, and fresh exegetical insights, this volume argues that Jesus’ resurrection forms the conceptual center of Hebrews’ Christological and soteriological ...
Edited by Charlotte Hempel and Judith M. Lieu
This collection of essays by a group of well-known international scholars deals with the complex and fluid ways in which biblical traditions are transmitted in a variety of contexts focusing especially on the versions, the pseudepigrapha and Qumran, and early Christian literature.
Edited by Petra M. Sijpesteijn, Lennart Sundelin, Sofía Torallas Tovar and Amalia Zomeño
This volume collects papers given at the conference "Documents and the History of the Early Islamic Mediterranean World", including editions of unpublished documents and historical studies, which make use of documentary evidence from al-Andalus, Sicily, Egypt, the Arabian Peninsula, Syria and ...
Edited by Seoung-Yong Hong and Jon M. Van Dyke
A surprising number of maritime boundaries remain unresolved, and a range of reasons can be cited to explain why the process of delimiting these boundaries has been so slow. This volume addresses and analyzes some of these reasons, focusing on some of the volatile disputes in Northeast Asia and ...
John H. Pryor and Elizabeth M. Jeffreys
This analysis of the ships of the Byzantine navy from the sixth to twelfth centuries is a fascinating, and totally original discussion of the surviving texts which record and report them and the relationship of those texts to the physical reality of the ships themselves.
M. Marcovich †
A new critical edition of the Paedagogus of Clement of Alexandria by the greatest expert in the field of the manuscript tradition of early Christian writings.
Edited by Ulrike Freitag and William G. Clarence-Smith
The story of Hadhramaut and its diaspora illuminates significant aspects of Indian Ocean history, notably the role of non-Western merchants, Islamisation and controversies within Islam, British clashes with the Ottomans, and social transformations through migration.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Authors, Texts, Literature (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (3)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (4)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (1)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (3)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (5)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (1)
- History - Early Modern History (3)
- History - General (4)
- History - Medieval History (5)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (4)
- International Law - Environmental Law (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (3)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (3)
- International Law - Public International Law (6)
- Language and Linguistics - Theoretical Linguistics (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Theology and Missiology - General (1)