Search: andrew, English
Results 1 - 10 of 92
Drawing on extensive ethnographic fieldwork, this work explores the historical and cultural dimensions of an indigenous Timorese domain in the southern central highlands of West Timor.
Edited by Bernd U. Schipper, Humboldt University and D. Andrew Teeter, Harvard Divinity School
Taking the concepts of wisdom and Torah in the book of Deuteronomy as a point of departure, the essays of the present collection examines the relationship between wisdom and Torah in Wisdom literature of the Second Temple period.
By Robb Andrew Young
This study draws upon the biblical books of Kings, First Isaiah and Chronicles, in conjunction with Assyrian records and ancient Near Eastern archaeology, in order to provide an updated historical reconstruction of the influential Judean monarch Hezekiah.
Andrew L. Thomas
This book examines the intersection between religious belief, dynastic ambitions, and late Renaissance court culture within the main branches of Germany's most storied ruling house, the Wittelsbach dynasty. Their influence touched many shores from the "coast" of Bohemia to Boston.
Andrew Phillips Mallory
Representing important new primary source material for scholars of early New England; Saints, Sinners, and the God of the World: The Hartford Sermon Notebook Transcribed, 1679-1680, is a complete transcription of 62 previously unknown Puritan sermons from five different ministers.
Andrew D. Gross
This book argues that Aramaic scribes from antiquity drew upon a common legal tradition. It identifies the distinctive elements that form the core of this tradition and traces their antecedents within the cuneiform record.
Edited by Judith Pollmann and Andrew Spicer
This lively collection of essays examines the link between public opinion and the development of changing 'Netherlandish' identities in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
Andrew Cain, University of Colorado
In Jerome and the Monastic Clergy Andrew Cain provides the first full-scale commentary on Jerome's famous Letter to Nepotian along with an introduction, newly revised Latin text, and English translation
Edited by Richard Connors and Andrew Colin Gow
In this chronologically direct and thematically varied volume, five scholars working in three distinct disciplines approach millennialism and apocalypticism in the British and Anglo-American contexts, making remarkable contributions both to the study of religious, literary and political culture ...
Andrew C. Itter
This book takes a new approach to deciphering the nature and purpose of the Stromateis of Clement of Alexandria. It provides a concise summary of current scholarship on his method and how he applies it to the transmission of esoteric doctrines.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Codicology, Papyrology & Philology (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Philosophy, Science & Medicine (1)
- Asian Studies - China (1)
- Asian Studies - East Asia (1)
- Asian Studies - Japan (4)
- Asian Studies - Japanese Art (2)
- Asian Studies - Social Sciences (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (1)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (4)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (4)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (7)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (1)
- History - Church History (1)
- History - Early Modern History (9)
- History - General (8)
- History - Intellectual History (1)
- History - Medieval History (11)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (6)
- International Law - Environmental Law (1)
- International Law - International Trade Law (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (3)
- International Relations - International Relations (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (2)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (5)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (2)
- Religious Studies - Sociology of Religion (1)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - History (1)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Economics & Political Science (1)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (3)
- Theology and Missiology - General (1)
- History (30)
- Biblical Studies (16)
- Asian Studies (9)
- Religious Studies (8)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (6)
- International Law (5)
- Social Sciences (5)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (4)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt (3)
- Classical Studies (2)
- International Relations (1)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies (1)
- Theology and Missiology (1)