Team Leader Central Desk Editing - Boston
2 Liberty Square, 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
POSITION – TEAM LEADER CENTRAL DESK EDITING - BOSTON
- Realization of publications by managing the desk editing process for journals, monographs, reference works;
- Supervising the Boston-based desk editors (based in Boston) and as external service providers including freelancers;
- Carrying out hands-on desk editing activities as a member of the internal CDE team;
- Assuring quality control and house standards;
- Reporting line to the Manager Content Processing, based in Brill’s office in Leiden-the Netherlands.
- College (four-year) degree required preferably in English, Communication, Publishing or related field
- Managerial experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with electronic publishing processes
- Relevant graphics expertise
- Ability to manage internal and external processes
- Ability to negotiate, convince and act within agreed boundaries
- Excellent communicator
- Project management skills
- Cooperative approach
- Results oriented focus
- Day-to-day management of a team of internal and external desk editors including planning, progress control, etc.
- Carrying out desk editing activities for journals, books, reference works.
- Implementing internal standards for delivery of articles and manuscripts consistent with company-wide standards; maintaining quality and standards in close cooperation with the Desk Editing Team Leaders in Leiden.
- Training new (freelance) desk editing staff.
- Monitoring production planning and anticipating peak periods by arranging temporary capacity within budget or by transferring work intra-company.
- Conducting production status meetings on a regular basis with Boston-based publishing team.
Ensuring the adequate registration of relevant project details in the administration systems (e.g. Klopotek), enabling a smooth transfer of the projects from Desk Editing to Production.
- Implementing accepted staff procedures such as annual reviews with the Desk Editing staff members.
- Evaluating the quality of delivered services by vendors in close cooperation with the production department.
More information about the position can be obtained from Mr. Frans Havekes, Manager Content Processing – based in our Leiden (NL) office, email: email@example.com. Your application letter and CV, incl. information about your salary expectations may be directed to Mrs. Rose Luongo, Human Resources Brill USA Inc., email firstname.lastname@example.org