Sales Support Assistant
Sales Support Assistant (M/F)
Part-time (28 hours)
Department Sales Support - Leiden office (NL)
We’re seeking a new talent to join our Sales Support Team!
You’ll be the backbone of our sales organization, fulfilling online orders, clearing customer queries, supporting our Sales Account Managers and supplying title and product information to (potential) key accounts. You are first and foremost contact for our customers, the Sales Managers and other co-workers, and for relevant third parties. You are very computer-savvy and well-equipped to work with various software systems for workflow management, access management and sales information. You feel comfortable working with deadlines and handling various tasks simultaneously. You have excellent communication skills, a professional attitude and a commercial mindset. You’ll be working within a global Sale Support team of five Sales Support Assistants (of which two are based in our office in Boston, Ma) and a Sales Support Team Leader. You’ll have your own dedicated set of responsibilities, but will also be covering for your colleagues when needed.
Your tasks include:
- Assisting members of the International Sales team (Sales Directors and Sales Account Managers), with aspects of preparation and follow-up of sales visits, such as customer reports, planning of customer meetings, etc.
- Preparing and sending out price quotations;
- Brill Online administration: order processing, providing customer access, trials and helpdesk support to customers, providing invoice information to our Finance department for billing;
- Responsible for contract administration;
- Daily handling of all kinds of customer queries/orders/requests/claims in cooperation with our internal departments and our external fulfillment centre in the UK;
- Assist with renewal campaigns for online resources and journals and assist with consortia deals;
- Working closely with Marketing, Finance, Publishing and Platform managers in liaison with customers;
- Active participation in preparing, execution and follow-up of sales lead generation programs;
- Preparing regular (monthly/quarterly) sales reports by collecting and structuring analysis of sales figures, and other reports on customer service activities;
- Offer assistance with organizing book fairs and exhibitions, on request;
- Daily handling of e-mail coming into the sales inbox for the sales territories and the Brillonline inbox for access issues.
- MBO+/HBO education level;
- Knowledge of and affinity with academic and/or publishing world;
- Commercial mindset and service oriented;
- Excellent time management skills and good administrative skills;
- Able to work independently within a team;
- Computer-savvy, among others Microsoft Office tools, CRM and reporting tools;
- Excellent command of the English language and working knowledge of the French language is required, additionally a working knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus.
Information you need to know before sending your application letter and resume:
The anticipated start date for this position is no later than Mid-September 2017.
The first round of interviews will take place on Wednesday 16 Augustus 2017.
An online work related personality assessment (PAPI) may be part of the selection process.
Applications should be sent by email no later than Friday 11 August 2017 to Koninklijke Brill NV, attn. Ms. Ina de Lange, Human Resource Manager: HR@brill.com. Further information about the position may be obtained from Ms. Hannah Baker, Team Leader Sales Support: email@example.com. ##