Sales Account Manager - Singapore
A great career opportunity has opened up at Brill Asia in Singapore. To expand our sales activities in the Asian region we are looking for a:
Full-time – 40 h/wk
The Sales Account Manager is responsible for all print and online sales activities (among others books, reference works, journals, and primary sources) to existing and prospective customers in the assigned sales territory of South East Asia and Taiwan. You will negotiate, within well-defined limits of discretion, agreements with library and trade partners and consortia for the sale of the total company’s product portfolio. You will maintain commercial awareness of the industry and use that awareness to adapt to changing requirements in the market. Critical to the role is the need to maintain close relationships with the library and trade partners to ensure that these partners are satisfied with the company’s sales and post-sales performance. Equally important is the need to closely monitor these partners against anticipated sales revenue and ensure on-target performance is achieved.
The Sales Account Manager will receive administrative support from our Sales Support Assistants in the Global Sales Support Team and will report to the Sales Director Asia-Pacific.
The job will require occasional travel to the assigned sales territory.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Sells print and online products to existing/new library and trade partners to achieve or exceed assigned sales quota:
- Develops and executes new customer contact strategies;
- Qualifies prospective library and trade partner opportunities against key variables such as budget, timing, decision-making process, competitive alliances, etc.;
- Prioritizes sales opportunities against risk, strategic fit, competitive positioning and product/revenue mix;
- Negotiates –within well-defined limits of discretion, agreements for the sale of the company’s products.
- Managing existing and developing new consortia and trade partnerships in assigned sales territory to achieve or exceeds assigned sales quota;
- Works with Sales Management and the Marketing department to develop sales and marketing strategies to support selling to the library, consortia and trade partners in assigned sales territory;
- Works with Business Development department to ensure future product developments are commercially viable in the assigned sales territory and to provide feedback on requirements regarding industry standards;
- Targets prospective library, consortia and trade partners;
- Works closely together with the Customer Services and Global Sales Support Team to ensure that responsive and efficient sales support is extended to potential and existing customers throughout the sales and renewal process;
- Ensures new and modified selling plans are consistent with present sales policies and sales service capabilities;
- Ensures the timely entry and updating of all sales opportunities into Salesforce.
- Maintains sales records and prepares sales reports as required;
- Maintain/develop commercial awareness of the industry and uses that awareness to adapt to changing requirements in the markets.
- University degree or equivalent professional experience;
- Minimum of 3 year relevant sales experience in a scholarly publishing company with a strong international orientation;
- Working knowledge of the publishing process, including existing international standards, the competitor landscape and trends in (library) online resource acquisitions and management;
- Commercial talent: persuasive, negotiator, networker and influencer, but also discrete and diplomatic; capable of handling a consultative sales process, and committed to establishing and nurturing long-term relationships with key librarians and other key partners;
- Good interpersonal communication and relationship management skills with a strong customer-orientation and service-minded attitude;
- Independent worker, eager to learn, well organized, hands-on mentality and good time management skills, flexible and resilient, especially at peak business periods;
- Sets high personal standards, persistent, goal oriented, and driven by targets and objectives;
- Very strong cultural awareness and sensitivity, adept at working across multiple geographies;
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken. Any other languages, particularly Chinese, Melayu or Bahasa Indonesia are an advantage.
Written applications should be send to Brill Asia, attn. Mrs. Liesbeth Kanis, Sales Director Asia-Pacific: firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about this position can also be obtained from Mrs. Liesbeth Kanis. For more information about our company and our publications visit our website: www.brill.com.
An online work related personality assessment (PAPI) may be part of the selection process.