Founded in 1683 in Leiden, the Netherlands, Brill is a leading international academic publisher in 20 main subject areas, including Middle East and Islamic Studies, Asian Studies, Classical Studies, History, Biblical and Religious Studies, Language & Linguistics, Biology, and International Law. With offices in Leiden (NL), Boston (US), Paderborn (GER) and Singapore (SG), Brill today publishes 272 journals and close to 1,200 new books and reference works each year, available in both print and electronic form. Brill also markets a large number of primary source research collections and databases. The company’s key customers are academic and research institutions, libraries, and scholars. Brill is a publicly traded company and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV.
For our department Finance & Control we are looking for a:
Financial Accountant (m/f)
Full-time – 36 hours p/wk
Based in our Leiden office
De Financial Accountant reports to the Team Leader Finance & Control.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- responsible for accurate and up-to-date project, inventory and asset administration, including all relevant consolidations, necessary management reporting and feedback to other internal stakeholders (among others about the recalculation of the publishing projects and inventory valuation);
- preparation and filing of VAT returns in several countries;
- preparation of parts of the monthly and quarterly reports including corresponding analysis;
- handling questions from and provide assistance or reports to management, internal departments and external parties;
- representing the finance department in companywide IT projects, and taking the lead within the finance department to optimize and further develop finance related IT systems and tools;
- propose adjustments in workflows which could improve and optimize the accuracy and efficiency of the department and company.
- bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field;
- minimum of 3 year of relevant experience within an international organization;
- Knowledge of IFRS;
- Analytical skills and (superior) attention to details;
- A proactive attitude and able to work independently;
- Solid communication skills and the ability to organize and prioritize work;
- A strong knowledge of English is a necessity, knowledge of German is a plus;
- Excellent computer skills particularly with spreadsheets and accounting software, knowledge of Unit 4 Financials is a plus.
Information you need to know before sending your application letter and resume:
The anticipated start date for this position is a.s.a.p. An online work related personality assessment (PAPI) may be part of the selection process.
Applications should be sent by email no later than 10 Friday 2017 to Ms. Ina de Lange, HRM, firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about this position can be obtained from Ms. Wies van Leeuwen, Team Leader F&C, email: email@example.com.
You may find more information about our company and publication program on our website www.brill.nl